Thursday 6 April 2017

Little word discoveries

I would be quite happy here 😍

Below is a little piece I discovered while googling 'I need to be surrounded by beauty'. The words below resonated with me and wanted to share them with you. In part, it reminds me of something Bea would be thinking about London. A small essence of self which creeps into a character. 😄

I always kind of knew, but I’ve never thought about it as much as I have here – there is this strange need I feel, an aching almost, to be surrounded by beauty, or at least what I think beauty is.

When I say beauty, I don’t mean some material things that I wish I could buy, but rather the environment I live in. It can be simple, but it needs to be beautiful. Like a room where I live and spend most of my time, or the streets of the city where I can walk around to relax, places around the city that I can visit, or places of natural beauty easily accessible.

I’ve lived in European towns all my life. They were never huge cities, but they all had some kind of beautiful architecture, green parks filled with people and pets, maybe a river or a lake in the city, interesting events. I am used to walking the city streets and seeing something intricate and classically beautiful everywhere around me, hearing beautiful music from comfortable bars and cafes. Walking around aimlessly is one of my favorite pastimes, but here I didn’t find it relaxing or therapeutic at all.


Too much traffic everywhere, wherever you turn everything is so dirty and polluted, loads of unpleasant smells coming from the road or from that toilet in the street food place, knots of electric wires tangled with tree branches, messy infrastructure . . . It’s impossible to have a relaxing stroll down the street, you can barely see anyone walking – everyone is always on the motorbike. Even the houses that are supposed to be pretty are packed with flashing, tacky commercials. There is no order in anything and chaos prevails. While sometimes chaos can have certain beauty, I just couldn’t find it here.

Words by Nina HERE
Love and light,
Trace
xoxo

No comments: